- Maximize membership awareness and response to legislative actions at both the state and federal levels
- Deliver information to members and target audiences through available communication tools
- Heighten the credibility of our members and the quality of educational programs through professional growth opportunities
- Promote private career education through showcasing member schools
- Endorse private career schools as vital members of the higher education community
Strategy: Five key areas of focus
- Governmental affairs.
The membership works closely with the state director and chief lobbyist to develop a legislative agenda to proactively advance legislation and regulation favorable to career education. We build positive, lasting relationships with legislative/regulatory officials and keep our membership informed of our positions, approaches, and progress.
- Member communication.
The Board of Directors works to facilitate dialog between member schools on business and education issues through regular meetings and available communication options. The NWCCI provides members with information that will keep them informed of issues important to career education.
- Building awareness.
The NWCCI works to raise awareness of the value of private career colleges with government officials, education representatives, and the business community. We promote the importance of private career education to Idaho’s economy and its positive impact on the lives of hundreds of individuals entering the job market and their ability to gain valuable job skills.
- Professional development.
The NWCCI is dedicated to offering professional growth opportunities for member schools’ staff, facult,y and leadership. We recognize that life-long learning is critical to the success of our members. We provide various programs for professional growth, critical during this dynamic time of change.
- Strategic planning.
The Board of Directors sets the future course for the NWCCI by listening to our members. Based on member needs, we develop programs and services that create high value in membership.
As the authoritative voice of private career colleges and schools, NWCCI works with state and federal legislators and key regulatory officials to ensure that member needs and priorities are addressed in education-related policy and regulatory development. The state’s director, legislative lobbyist, and proactive board of directors work to ensure that private career colleges and schools are recognized as essential components of higher education and vital contributors to both local and regional economies.
NWCCI provides a full range of professional development opportunities and training for leaders and administrators of its member institutions, including
- A newsletter and action alerts on key issues
- Networking opportunities with other professionals
- An annual meeting or conference
- Website listings and links for member schools
NWCCI Industry Partners
The NWCCI’s industry partner program will include a select group of outstanding vendors, service providers, and professional organizations. We are building our industry partner program and our participants are listed here.